Why have we launched a virtual leadership offer?
- Leadership is a key part of our School Games programme and it can help young people to gain new skills, such as communication and confidence, which can have a lifelong impact.
- It supports young people's development of soft skills, such as patience and empathy.
- Young leaders can be a key driver to change.
- It allows schools to develop capacity and support teaching staff to help more young people and families to have fun through being physically active.
- This programme will be run virtually in school with 12 Year 6 pupils who have been chosen to undertake this programme during the Summer term working towards Bronze, Silver and Gold Levels. Through a series of tasks for each level designed to make them more confident leaders, they will receive certificates dependant on the level they achieve. Help tidying up/setting up PE equipment, leading small activities during their PE Lessons, being able to explain the importance of keeping active and healthy are examples of some of the tasks they will complete over the next half-term.